Some of these companies for by several names, so you have to be extra careful that you're not renting from the same disreputable companies hiding behind a new identity.
We thought you might enjoy reading this stuff for yourself. Sometimes it seems as though we're surrounded by a bunch of complete idiots who have no idea how to treat customers.
It's as if customers are a mystery to them or their business is predicated on the belief that most people will put up with crummy service and crummy homes and never complain.
So why does the Better Business Bureau give a rating of "F" to a "company"? Here are some of the reasons from just one profile. Sometimes it's something as simple as a missing business license, and other times it's because they don't have information on the company yet.
- Failure to obtain a required competency license.
- BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
- Number of complaints filed against this business.
- Failure to respond to complaints filed against this business.
- BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
- The Bureau processed a total of 7 complaint(s) about this company in the last 36 months.
- 6 - Refund or Exchange Issues
- 4 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or contract
- 2 - General Refund or Exchange Complaint Issues
- 1 - Contract Issues
- 1 - General Contract Complaint Issues
- 7 - No Response
- 7 - Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues.